Layou man fined for wounding

first_img 30 Views   no discussions Share LocalNews Layou man fined for wounding by: – July 22, 2014 Share Sharecenter_img Dael Guiste of Layou, who pleaded guilty to wounding Ian Durand of San Sauveur, has been fined three thousand dollars.Guiste pleaded guilty to the charge when he appeared before Magistrate Arley Gill on July 22, 2014.Sergeant Constance Cuffy, who represented the prosecution, told the court that on Sunday, July 20, 2014 Ian Durand went to Linus’ Shop in San Sauveur to purchase cigarettes.Upon arrival at the Shop, Durand greeted the defendant’s girlfriend and touched her.The defendant approached him and the two began arguing. Durand began cursing and asked Guiste; “You don’t know Linda (defendant’s girlfriend) is my family?”Guiste then broke a bottle and attacked Durand, wounded him on his face and held him in his neck. Durand ran from Linus’ Shop across the road to Griffin’s Shop, spoke to Griffin and then collapsed. He was placed on a jeep and rushed to the Castle Bruce Health Centre where he was treated by the district nurse and then transported to the Princess Margaret Hospital in Roseau.A report was also made at the Castle Bruce Police Station.About 8 o’clock that evening, the defendant was met the Castle Bruce Police station where he was cautioned.He replied, “The man just pass and touch my girlfriend by her breast. I broke the bottle, he hit me and curse my mother, and he was even throwing stones after me”.Guiste, who was arrested on the charge of wounding, complained of pains and was taken to the Princess Margaret Hospital for treatment.When Durand was asked by the Magistrate what he had to say for himself he responded, “He hit my bus with a stone and that should count in court too”.“I don’t know the guy and he came to look me trouble, he was in his village and he think he is the baddest man,” Guiste told Magistrate Gill.Durand eventually apologized to the defendant.“You have shown some level of violence,” Magistrate Gill said and added “You’re going to have to pay some compensation”. Guiste was ordered to pay three thousand dollars ($3000.00) in four (4) months, in default of payment, he will spend six (6) months in jail. He was further sentenced to serve three (3) months in jail, suspended for one (1) year. If he commits any other offence during this one year period, Guiste will serve the three months sentence.Dominica Vibes News Tweet Sharing is caring!last_img read more

Read More »

Seward Highway Water Spout Closed Due To Falling Rocks

first_imgDOT is advising individuals to stay in their vehicles at all times for the safety of themselves and other travelers. McCarthy: “We are cautioning people not to stop in that area, don’t collect water, and if you don’t have to travel don’t do it.”  FacebookTwitterEmailPrintFriendly分享The popular Seward Highway MP 109 water spout is currently barricaded off and will be unavailable as rock continues to fall in the area. A travel advisory is still in effect for the highway between milepost 104 and milepost 114 due to the danger of rockslides from aftershocks. Shannon McCarthy with the Department of Transportation: “I had a lady call me to tell me she had actually stopped at mile 109 to gather water at the water spout. While she was trying to get some water an aftershock hit, the rocks came down on her she had to retreat very quickly, and we are very lucky we didn’t lose her.”last_img read more

Read More »

Tom Brady sparks NFL rumours of Raiders move after meeting Mark Davis during UFC 246

first_img FOLLOW US Written By The saga of Tom Brady and Free Agency seems like a game of pinball. Last week, the four-time Super Bowl MVP sparked off rumours of extending his stay with the New England Patriots for the upcoming season in a video posted on his Instagram profile. This week, the Tom Brady rumours seem to have taken another turn and this time, all roads lead to Las Vegas. Also Read | Tom Brady Drops Hint On Social Media Regarding His Destination For Upcoming NFL SeasonTom Brady sparks off rumours of a move to Las Vegas Raiders after being pictured with owner Mark DavisTom Brady made an appearance at UFC 246 to witness Conor McGregor back in action against Donald ‘Cowboy’ Cerrone. While the McGregor fight didn’t last too long, the NFL rumours certainly will. The Patriots star was pictured chatting with Oakland Raiders owner Mark Davis at the fight. With Tom Brady’s impending transition into Free Agency this March, the meeting seemed anything but innocuous. However, under the NFL’s tampering rules, the Raiders owner would be flouting the rules if he were to discuss Tom Brady’s future during the chance meeting.  Also Read | NFL Trade Rumours: Lions QB Matthew Stafford Lined Up As Tom Brady’s ReplacementThe rumours about Tom Brady’s move to the Raiders were also given impetus by the words of Raiders general manager Mike Mayock. When asked about the future of Raiders quarterback Derek Carr, Mayock refused to comment on the same, instead, he told a renowned sports publication that his job was to evaluate every position in the team to make the Raiders a better outfit. “And if I can, I will, and if I can’t, I won’t”, Mayock was quoted as saying. Also Read | Tom Brady Quashes NFL Retirement Rumours In Philosophical Instagram Post Last Updated: 20th January, 2020 16:10 IST Tom Brady Sparks NFL Rumours Of Raiders Move After Meeting Mark Davis During UFC 246 The Patriots’ exit from the Wild Card round led to a number of rumours regarding Tom Brady’s NFL future. The Patriots star sparked off some more at UFC 246. SUBSCRIBE TO US First Published: 20th January, 2020 16:10 ISTcenter_img LIVE TV COMMENT Las Vegas an option, Los Angeles even likelier While the Raiders have not been among the more prominent names in the NFL rumours circling Tom Brady’s future, Mark Davis will certainly hope that these rumours gather some traction in the coming weeks. The Los Angeles Chargers have been mooted as a potential destination for Tom Brady. Philip Rivers currently occupies the quarterback sport for the Chargers. However, with his contract with the Chargers expiring this year, Tom Brady could head to Los Angeles for his swansong. He is, after all, a native of California. Also Read | Patrick Mahomes’ Lightning Touchdown Sees Him Anointed As NFL’s Best QB; Watch WATCH US LIVE Colin DCunha last_img read more

Read More »

Paddy Power Betfair seeks to merge advertising accounts

first_img Jonathan DevittThe Irish Independent reports that recently merged Paddy Power Betfair (PPB) will look to cut one of its media agencies.Seeking further corporate alignment between Paddy Power and Betfair assets, PPB governance is reported to want to merge its entire + £40 million advertising account under the control of one lead agency.PPB will review its marketing planning and buying accounts handled by M2M for Paddy Power (since 2009) and MediaCom for Betfair (since 2015). It is understood both M2M nor MediaCom could be reached for comment.oth Paddy Power’s and Betfair’s branding campaigns will remain separate.Following the completion of its merger in January, PPB governance has publically stated that it will look to undertake cost savings in its marketing operations and initiatives.PPB has restructured its marketing division appointing Betfair’s Jonathan Devitt to the new role of Group Chief Marketing Officer.Further synergy led changes to PPB operations, have seen the appointment of Paddy Power veteran Ken Robertson to the merged role of Advertising Director. StumbleUpon Related Articles FSB selects Glenn Elliott as new COO August 12, 2020 ‘Deal maker’ Rafi Ashkenazi ends Flutter tenure  August 27, 2020 Share Submit Flutter moves to refine merger benefits against 2020 trading realities August 27, 2020 Sharelast_img read more

Read More »

Cutting-edge golf facility opening its doors today

first_imgBeginning today, local golfers have the opportunity to improve their golf games on a year-round basis at one of the finest indoor golf facilities in the nation.Golf Lab, co-founded by golf enthusiast Michael McRae and professional golfer Henry White, officially opens today at 925 S. West Temple.The 20,000-square-foot Golf Lab is a state-of-the-art facility designed to help golfers of all abilities on everything from full swing analysis to putting assessments.McRae is a professional photographer who converted his photo studio into Golf Lab. Dozens of cameras are used to analyze golfers from various angles in full swings, chipping and putting. White, who is also a certified physical therapist, works with golfers on their golf game as well as physical fitness related to golf.”The Golf Lab experience is unlike others in that we incorporate a complete physical assessment with our full swing, putting and short game analyses,” White said. “Through our unique method of instruction, players can experience dramatic improvements in their game.”Golf Lab also features professional club fitting by John Cluff. By using data from Golf Lab’s analyses, customers can receive recommendations for appropriate drivers, irons and putters.”We are excited to offer this unique technology and teaching style to Utah golfers,” said McRae. Golf Lab is open from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday through Saturday. To schedule an appointment for individual or group lessons, call 746-1291. E-mail: [email protected]last_img read more

Read More »

Inter Milan refuse to give up on Antonio Conte, planning mega contract offer

first_img1 Chelsea manager Antonio Conte Chelsea boss Antonio Conte is still in Inter Milan’s sights – with a mega £46.5m contract on the table.Inter are expected to ditch current manager Stefano Pioli this summer and want either Conte or Atletico Madrid boss Diego Simeone to replace him.The Gazzetta dello Sport has claimed that the San Siro club are ready to pay one of them a huge £9.3m per season, with a five-year deal on offer.However, it is unclear whether they will be able to lure either Conte or Simeone to Milan.Conte looks set to steer Chelsea to the Premier League title in his first season in charge and has insisted that he is not thinking about returning to Italy so soon.Meanwhile, reports in Spain have suggested that Simeone is not planning on walking away from Atletico this summer despite interest from across Europe.However, the former Inter player may be tempted by the sums on offer and the lure of his old club in Italy.last_img read more

Read More »