Woman Charged with Taking $77,000 from Pa. Ambulance Service

first_imgSHARPSBURG, Pa. — A Sharpsburg-based ambulance service recovering from bankruptcy in 2006 became prey to a long-term embezzlement by its former office manager, who stole more than $77,000 over a five-year period, Allegheny County prosecutors say.The District Attorney`s Office charged Sunshine MacIntyre, 40, of Summer Hill with theft and access device fraud stemming from her job at Seneca Area Emergency Services.District Judge Elissa Marie Lang arraigned MacIntyre today and released her on her own recognizance. Her preliminary hearing is scheduled for April 25.There was no telephone listing for MacIntyre. Her lawyer, David B. Chontos, couldn`t be reached for comment.Chief Susan Allison said the $77,000 represents about two months of revenue for the nonprofit ambulance service, which covers Sharpsburg, Etna and parts of Indiana Township. Losing that money hurt, but it was spread out over five years, she said.The ambulance service operates on a shoestring, but is in better shape than when the embezzlement was discovered in June, she said.“The shoestring is a little longer than it was,” Allison said. “We`re happy with that.”last_img
Read More »

Charles Avenue to be rehabilitated

first_img Share Share LocalNews Charles Avenue to be rehabilitated by: Dominica Vibes News – February 7, 2017 Sharing is caring! 448 Views   no discussionscenter_img Tweet Share Senator Miriam Blanchard (file photo)The tendering process for the rehabilitation of Charles Avenue, Goodwill will commence this week, the Minister for Public Works has announced.Senator Miriam Blanchard revealed on Friday 3 February 2017 that this is part of government’s efforts and commitment to the island’s development in order to improve the standard of living of all. Finance Minister, Prime Minister Roosevelt Skerrit announced during a press conference in January that estimates and designs for the rehabilitation of Charles Avenue had been completed. Senator Blanchard, who was speaking during the contract signing ceremony for the rehabilitation of the Stockfarm Road, informed that following a further review of the estimates and designs, the Charles Avenue rehabilitation project will go out to tender on Monday 6 February.“We all recall that this project will be funded through funds or revenue collected from the Road Maintenance levy. We expect work on Charles Avenue to commence by the start of the second quarter of the year,” Blanchard indicated.Blanchard said the government is aware of the deteriorating road conditions in other parts of the island caused mainly by above average and extended wet season.Accordingly, government has embarked on the assessment of all roads with a view to begin an aggressive island-wide road rehabilitation programme.Meanwhile, some of the projects under construction include realignment of the Cabannis Road in the Roseau Valley. “We all recall on December 28th 2016, that a section of that road collapsed due to a road edge failure rendering the road unsafe for vehicular traffic and making it impassable. The government then moved swiftly within a matter of days to commence the realignment of this road. Work is progressing smoothly and this is a fact that visible to all,” Blanchard stated. She added that this government’s commitment to the safety and the welfare of its people “cannot be denied”.In addition, rehabilitation of three hundred meters of the Salisbury main road continues.“In fact I visited that project [Salisbury] on Wednesday [1 February 2017] afternoon and work is progressing as per schedule,” Minister Blanchard said.last_img read more

Read More »

Men’s Basketball Eyes 5-0 Start Tonight at Spring Hill

first_imgLIVE VIDEOLIVE STATS CONFERENCE’S BEST          ­In three of UWF’s first four games, Jason Laatsch has led UWF in scoring and scored a season-high 17 points last week against Spring Hill. As a sophomore in 2014-15, Laatsch led the team in points in five games. Last year, Laatsch led the team in just one contest. Laatsch currently ranks 13th in the GSC with 14.3 points per game, 13th in three-point field goal percentage (40.9%) and 10th in three-point field goals made per game (2.3). As one of 34 remaining undefeated teams in NCAA Division II, UWF has received votes in the National Basketball Coaches Association poll and currently rank ninth in the South Region according to the D2SIDA poll. UWF currently has the 30th most votes in the national NBCA poll. LAST TIME OUT AGAINST SPRING HILL UWF ranks at the top of the Gulf South Conference in numerous statistical categories, and is one of just three teams left in the league that is still undefeated. West Florida ranks first in the GSC and 12th in the nation with 15.5 offensive rebounds per game. UWF is first in the league and ninth in the nation in scoring defense, allowing opponents to just 61.8 points per game. West Florida is second in the GSC and ninth in the nation in three-point defense, allowing opponents to just a 25.3% success rate from beyond the arc. UWF’s 3.8 turnover margin is the best mark in the conference. At 18.5 turnovers per game, UWF leads the conference and has the 27th highest average in Division II. With 3.75 offensive rebounds per game, Austin Somerfield stands second in the conference and 31st in DII. EMERGING LEADER NATIONAL RECOGNITION  Print Friendly Version MOBILE, Ala. –  With a 4-0 start, the University of West Florida men’s basketball team will eye its second 5-0 start since the team started 9-0 in the 1997-98 season tonight at Spring Hill. The Argos and a struggling 0-8 Badgers squad begin play at 7:00 p.m. UWF used a 54.6% field goal percentage in the second half to distance themselves from the Badgers in a 74-56 win over Spring Hill on Nov. 22. Jason Laatsch led the team with 17 points, while Austin Somerfield, Deangleo Legrier and Darryl Tucker were also all in double figures with point totals of 15,10 and 11, respectively. UWF is now 9-3 all-time against the Badgers, and extended its win streak when playing the Badgers to five with last week’s win.For information on all UWF athletics, visit GoArgos.com 31% of UWF’s point total this year have come from new additions to the team, led by Darryl Tucker who is averaging 8.3 points per game. 39% of UWF’s rebound total have come from newcomers as well, which is also led by Tucker who is averaging 6.5 rebounds per game. UWF’s newcomers, consisting of Herni Ventoniemi, Tucker, Moter Deng, DJ Thorpe and Marvin Jones, have combined to shoot 42.9% (36-84) this season. IMPACT ADDITIONSlast_img read more

Read More »

Mike Tyson’s classic car collection ft Rolls-Royce, Ferrari and Mercedes-Benz

first_img Written By Raj Sarkar COMMENT SUBSCRIBE TO US Coming out of a three-year spell in prison on charges of rape, Mike Tyson regained his WBC Heavyweight title from Frank Bruno in 1995. After notching a heavy payday, the Mike Tyson car collection welcomed a Ferrari F50 and 456 GT Spyder. The Mike Tyson Ferrari purchase caught everyone’s attention at that time and headlines were flooded with Mike Tyson Ferrari stories. However, as per reports, Mike Tyson crashed the Ferrari into a convenience store which ultimately led to another arrest. The Mike Tyson Ferrari was no longer found in Tyson’s garage after the crash.Mike Tyson car collection: Mike Tyson MercedezAfter a stunning defeat against Buster Douglas in 1990, Mike Tyson cheered himself up with a Mercedes-Benz SL-Class 560SL. As per reports, Tupac Shakur inspired Tyson and helped him add the model into the Mike Tyson car collection. The lavish Mercedes-Benz Sl-Class 560SL was considered to be one of Tyson’s favourite cars.Mike Tyson boxing return: A look at his training Last Updated: 7th May, 2020 16:30 IST Mike Tyson’s Classic Car Collection Ft Rolls-Royce, Ferrari And Mercedes-Benz Mike Tyson car collection: While Mike Tyson gears up to return to the boxing ring at the age of 53, here is a look at his luxurious car collection. Also Read | Mike Tyson Boxing Return Evander Holyfield confirms his return after Mike Tyson Boxing return: Also Read | Mike Tyson Boxing Return: After Mike Tyson, Evander Holyfield Hints At Boxing Comeback With Cryptic Instagram PostImage courtesy: Hotcars official website ‘The Baddest Man on Planet Earth’ Mike Tyson was fortunate to amass a reported net worth of a reported $200 million from his illustrious boxing career before blowing all of it and declaring bankruptcy in 2003. Mike Tyson led a splendid lifestyle which included luxurious mansions, domesticating wild animals, and the Mike Tyson car collection was another possession that grabbed everyone’s attention. Before losing it all, Mike Tyson flaunted a lavish lifestyle and the former world heavyweight champion was never hesitant to flaunt his deep pockets. The Mike Tyson car collection included a number of premium vehicles and Tyson drove some of the most luxurious cars in the world during his prime. Here’s a look at the Mike Tyson car collection.Also Read | Mike Tyson Boxing Return: Trainer Claims Former Champion Needs 6 Months Of Training To Fight AnyoneMike Tyson boxing return: A look at Mike Tyson car collection Mike Tyson car collection: Mike Tyson Rolls-Royce WATCH US LIVE FOLLOW US First Published: 7th May, 2020 16:30 IST Tyson treated himself to a luxurious Rolls-Royce after thrashing James Smith in 1986 for the WBA Heavyweight title. According to reports, Mike Tyson walked straight into a showroom and purchased a Rolls-Royce back then. He repeated the same act after defeating Tony Tucker for the IBF title in 1987. Mike Tyson celebrated his victory by purchasing a Rolls-Royce Corniche which cost him around $ 1,61,843.25. The Mike Tyson car collection flaunted those Rolls-Royce models while he was knocking out veterans inside the ring.Also Read | Mike Tyson Boxing Return: Mike Tyson Receives $1 Million Offer To Face Ex-rugby Player Sonny Bills Williams: Report Mike Tyson car collection: Mike Tyson Ferrari LIVE TVlast_img read more

Read More »