India vs Sri Lanka: Suresh Raina rested for 5th ODI in Ranchi

first_imgMaharashtra batsman Kedar Jadhav is likely to make his international debut for India on SundayWith the series already in pocket, the Indian team management has decided to rest senior batsman Suresh Raina for the fifth and final ODI, on Sunday.”For tomorrow’s game, we don’t have Suresh available,” India assistant coach Sanjay Bangar said on the eve of their fifth ODI at the JSCA International Stadium Complex in Ranchi.”He is being rested. Everybody else is available for selection from the squad we had in the last match (in Kolkata),” the assistant coach added.Raina’s unavailability would mean that India would now have a 13-member squad and it’s quite likely that attacking Maharashtra batsman Kedar Jadhav will make his international debut.”Obviously, the boys who have missed out or have not got an opportunity so far, will have a very good chance to play tomorrow. Everybody is getting opportunities more or less.”Jadhav, who came into the limelight with a 29-ball 50 for Delhi Daredevils on his IPL debut, was seen having an extended session at the nets today and paying attention to head coach Duncan Fletcher.Incidentally, the leading wicket-taker in the series, Umesh Yadav did not bowl at the three-hour net session today.Yadav was seen throwing the ‘medicine ball’ to strengthen his back muscles and it’s likely that the India’s pace spearhead may make way for Karnataka seamer R Vinay Kumar in another likely change.In another highlight of the day’s practice, Stuart Binny was seen opening the proceedings coming ahead of their regular top-order batsmen, as the India all-rounder looked quite focussed on the training session.advertisementBinny, who claimed two wickets during the Eden Gardens win, also bowled for quite a long time before being given some stretching session by the physio.In fact, stand-in skipper Virat Kohli was also absent along with Raina as Indians trained under coach Fletcher and his two assistants in Bangar and Bharati Arun in a relaxed manner.Fresh from his world record 264 at Eden Gardens, Rohit Sharma was the last to pad up as he chose only to face gentle throw-downs from the thrower equipment, something that lasted for more than an hour.Robin Uthappa, who has been in and out of the side despite his sizzling show with the Kolkata Knight Riders, was also seen going full guns at the practice session.Uthappa batted in both the pace and spin bowling nets and then took throw-ins, something that lasted for more than an hour. Powered by Rohit’s world record knock, India set Sri Lanka 404 for five and went on to register a 153-run victory to take a 4-0 lead in five-ODI series.last_img read more

Read More »

15 CBI officers chosen for prestigious HMs medal for excellence in investigation

first_imgNew Delhi: Fifteen officers of the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) have been chosen for the prestigious ‘Union Home Minister’s Medal for Excellence in Investigation’ for 2019, a CBI official said on Friday.They are Bhartendar Sharma, DSP Bhopal; Peddiraju Bandi, DSP New Delhi; Chittaranjan Dash, DSP Kolkata; Puspal Paul, DSP New Delhi; Alok Kumar Singh, DSP New Delhi; Gulshan Mohan Rathi, DSP New Delhi and Brajesh Kumar, DSP Bangalore, he said. Also Read – Uddhav bats for ‘Sena CM’Others include Subhash Chander, Inspector Chandigarh; Ganesha Lingaiah, Inspector Mumbai; Santosh Kumar Singh, Inspector Bhopal; Manoj Kumar, Inspector New Delhi; Sanjay Solanki, Inspector Bhopal; Sunil Kumar, Sub Inspector New Delhi; P Subrahmanyam, Inspector Bangalore and V Vivekananda Swamy, Inspector Hyderabad, the official said. A total of 96 police officers from across the country, including 15 from the CBI, have been named for the medal. The medal was constituted in 2018 with the objective to promote high professional standards of investigation of crime and to recognise such excellence in investigation by investigating officers.last_img read more

Read More »

Fulford to fight for TCI defendants at Privy Council in London

first_imgFacebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsApp Related Items:london, mark fulford, mike misick, privy council Fulford holds twin islands business breakfast Recommended for you Facebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsAppProvidenciales, 11 May 2015 – Today, Mark Fulford of F Chambers law firm began his representation at the Privy Council in London for Micheal Misick and others. Fulford is challenging the ruling that current Justice Paul Harrison can be impartial. It is no secret that the ex-Premier believes this to be untrue that the Justice could give him a fair trial. During the Constitutional Reform town hall meetings, Mike Misick was vocal on a number of issues including the right to trial by jury. Fulford holds the stance that it was and is wrong for laws and the constitution to have been changed ahead of the cases and charges of government corruption being brought against Misick and ten others. Attorney calls on UWI to honor TCI leaders Fulford confronts backlash, explains his stance on ‘treating’last_img read more

Read More »

Uber launches JUMP Scooters in San Diego

first_imgUber launches JUMP Scooters in San Diego December 19, 2018 SAN DIEGO (KUSI) – Ride-booking service Uber will launch dockless JUMP e-scooters in San Diego Wednesday, the fourth city in the U.S. the company will be serving.Uber acquired JUMP, a bikeshare company, in May to expand its public transit offerings. Uber expanded JUMP’s e-bike service to San Diego last month, dispersing 300 bikes around the city from Pacific Beach to downtown. San Diego is the fourth city to receive the scooters, joining Los Angeles, Santa Monica and Austin, Texas.The scooters work similarly to JUMP bikes in that riders use the main Uber app to unlock one and start a ride. They look strikingly similar to Lime scooters but with a red and black color scheme.Uber is offering free rides and free helmets through Jan. 9, 2019, to celebrate the rollout. Residents can receive up to five 30-minute rides per day, with scooters costing $1 to unlock and $0.10 per minute after the free rides have been exhausted. Residents can learn more about Uber’s JUMP services at jump.com. KUSI Newsroom KUSI Newsroom, Updated: 9:18 PM Posted: December 19, 2018 00:00 00:00 spaceplay / pause qunload | stop ffullscreenshift + ←→slower / faster ↑↓volume mmute ←→seek  . seek to previous 12… 6 seek to 10%, 20% … 60% XColor SettingsAaAaAaAaTextBackgroundOpacity SettingsTextOpaqueSemi-TransparentBackgroundSemi-TransparentOpaqueTransparentFont SettingsSize||TypeSerif MonospaceSerifSans Serif MonospaceSans SerifCasualCursiveSmallCapsResetSave Settings Categories: Local San Diego News, Traffic & Accidents FacebookTwitterlast_img read more

Read More »

President Trump declares emergency for CA after recent earthquakes

first_img Categories: California News, Local San Diego News, National & International News FacebookTwitter AP, President Trump declares emergency for CA after recent earthquakes Posted: July 8, 2019 AP July 8, 2019 LOS ANGELES (AP) — The Latest on earthquakes in Southern California (all times local):8:15 p.m.President Donald Trump has declared an emergency for California after two major earthquakes and thousands of aftershocks.Monday’s declaration paves the way for federal aid to help those hard-hit by the quakes.The declaration authorizes the Federal Emergency Management Agency to coordinate disaster relief efforts in Kern and San Bernardino counties.A magnitude 6.4 quake on Thursday and a 7.1 quake on Friday damaged many homes and roads in the Mojave Desert towns of Ridgecrest and Trona.___1:30 p.m.An official says she expects “dozens” of properties will be found damaged by recent earthquakes once the Southern California town of Ridgecrest completes its review.Kern County spokeswoman Megan Person says Monday that inspectors will need several more days to assess all the damage in the desert community.Person says 100 people were staying at Ridgecrest’s main shelter as of Sunday afternoon. She says an additional 43 evacuees were camping on the lawn outside, afraid to go indoors.She says officials are bringing in counselors to help residents still on edge as aftershocks rattle the area.A magnitude 6.4 earthquake Thursday and a magnitude 7.1 quake Friday were centered 11 miles (18 kilometers) from Ridgecrest. The town is in the Mojave Desert about 150 miles (241 kilometers) from Los Angeles.___12:10 p.m.It could be days before water service is restored to the Southern California desert town of Trona, where officials are still assessing damage from last week’s powerful earthquakes.San Bernardino County spokesman David Wert says Monday that 10 residences have been red-tagged as uninhabitable, but he expects that number to rise. He says he has seen homes that shifted 6 feet (nearly 2 meters) off their foundations during the magnitude 6.4 earthquake Thursday and a magnitude 7.1 quake Friday.Wert says the county is providing bottled water and trucking in portable toilets and showers. Electricity was restored over the weekend, allowing people to use much-needed air conditioners as daytime temperatures approached 100 degrees (38 Celsius).Wert says the quakes have rattled residents’ nerves but also pulled the community together.___12:05 a.m.Shaken residents are cleaning up from two of the biggest earthquakes to rattle California in decades as scientists warn that both should serve as a wake-up call to be ready when the long-dreaded “Big One” strikes.California is spending more than $16 million to install thousands of quake-detecting sensors statewide that officials say will give utilities and trains precious seconds to shut down before the shaking starts.Gov. Gavin Newsom said it’s time residents did their part by mapping out emergency escape routes and preparing earthquake kits with food, water, lights and other necessities.A magnitude 6.4 earthquake Thursday and a magnitude 7.1 quake Friday were centered 11 miles (18 kilometers) from the small desert town of Ridgecrest, about 150 miles (241 kilometers) from Los Angeles. last_img read more

Read More »