Bob Bradley claims World Cup winner still has a future at the Liberty Stadium

first_img Llorente tussles for the ball with Southampton’s Jose Fonte 1 Swansea striker Fernando Llorente has been told he still has a future at the club despite being dropped from the squad last week.The World Cup winner failed to make the matchday squad for the 1-1 draw at Everton with manager Bob Bradley identifying the striker’s lack of mobility as the problem.Llorente’s brother Jesus, who is also his agent, was quoted in the Italian media saying ‘things aren’t going well’ for his brother at Swansea.The agent even refused to rule out the targetman returning to Serie A, where the Spaniard had a successful spell at Juventus between 2013 and 2015.However, Bob Bradley has refuted the possibility of Llorente leaving the club and instead claimed the 31-year-old has more to offer the Swans.“Fernando has a future here, he is a good man,” he said. “I had a good conversation with Fernando when I told him he would not be in the squad for the Everton game.“Before he arrived he’d had a stretch of injuries. He got here, he’s had some little knocks and I just told him. I’ve watched him plenty.“I felt we’d made strides with him physically, but he still wasn’t where he needed to be.”Swansea host fellow strugglers Crystal Palace on Saturday, with Llorente again set to miss out.Bradley opted to play Gylfi Sigurdsson as a false nine at Goodison Park, insisting Swansea still need to find a way to play to Llorente’s physical strengths.He said: “I felt his response to all that was playing with a little less mobility, and I think Fernando’s best games in the past have not been about him being a target man.“I felt that specifically against Stoke and Man United. I felt as a team, we didn’t do a good job of how we used Fernando – and I don’t think Fernando did a good enough job of moving in those games, of challenging defenders with his movement.”last_img